Metropark Ltd (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations 2018, the data controller is Metropark Ltd (Registered in England and Wales No 03235898) of 27 Old Gloucester Street London WC1N 3AX (ICO registration number Z9687436) contact the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com, phone number 0845 094 9401.
This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.metropark.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
FOR VISITORS TO WARDEN/ANPR/CCTV/CAMERA OPERATED CAR PARKS
Metropark Ltd (hereafter referred to as ‘the operator’) is committed to protecting personal data and complying with relevant legislation. It is recognised that the operator is a data controller as described under relevant legislation (the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations 2018) and therefore processes and stores personal data in relation to the enforcement of Parking Charge Notices and for the purpose of issuing parking and visitor permits.
Entry into the car park may result in your personal data being obtained, retained and processed. The data processed may be inclusive of (but not limited to) the vehicle registration mark; time and movements of the vehicle; address of the keeper and/or driver of the vehicle; photographs of you and your vehicle and any other data that may be relevant to a dispute over the use of the car park.
FOR THE PURPOSE OF ISSUING PARKING AND VISITOR PERMITS
Applying for a permit and or dispensation and or adding your vehicle details to our vehicle White List may also result in your personal data being obtained, retained and processed. The data processed may be inclusive of (but not limited to) your name; current address; vehicle registration mark; copies of documentation such as utility bills, insurance documents, V5 log books, lease documents, tenancy agreements and driving licenses; telephone contact numbers; e-mail addresses.
THE PURPOSE OF PROCESSING OF DATA
The purpose of the processing of data is as follows:
1.To ensure compliance with your obligations under the contract entered into when you entered and remained on the car park and for the legitimate purpose of pursuing the driver and/or any other party who may become liable for payment of any fees.
2. To protect our client’s rights as owners of private land.
3. To implement a permit system, thereby fulfilling and protecting rights of residents that may be granted under lease documents or tenancy agreements with regards to parking i.e. ensuring those with entitlement to park gain access to said parking. This implementation may include obtaining proof of address, proof of vehicle ownership, proof of identity etc.
4. To deter criminal activity on the car park and help detect crimes which have been committed.
Our lawful bases for processing data is;
1. The processing is necessary for a contract which has been entered into.
2. There is a legitimate interest as detailed below;
A. To pursue motorists for unpaid parking tariff
B. To pursue motorist for unpaid parking charges
C. To pursue motorist for breaching terms and conditions of the car park
D. To process a permit system
E. To ensure safety and security and help deter/detect crimes
Where there is a fee which is payable we may request personal details of the registered keeper of the vehicle from the DVLA and other third parties (for example the registered keeper or hire companies where applicable) who may possess information which could assist in resolving any dispute. Where your data is obtained it will be retained only for the time necessary to fulfil the purpose we collected it for where there is no unpaid fee. Where there is an unpaid fee the data will be held for sufficient time to enable the fee to be settled, by you or another person and resolve any dispute. However, your data will not normally be held for longer than 6 years in such circumstances.
In some circumstances, your data may be held for longer than 6 years. Examples of when we may hold your data for longer are;
1. When there is an ongoing dispute which requires us to hold the data for longer than normal.
2. Where a court order has been made allowing us to pursue outstanding money after the expiration of 6 years.
Your personal data may be shared with third parties. This may include, debt recovery companies, solicitors and bailiffs to pursue any outstanding debts. If you decide to challenge a parking charge and we reject your challenge, then we will provide your registration number and parking charge number along with the time and date of the parking event to them. This is to allow you to contest the charge with an independent adjudicator.
YOUR RIGHTS AND ACCESS TO INFORMATION
As a data subject, you have the right to request all personal data held regarding yourself and your vehicle through a Subject Access Request. Please note that Subject Access Requests are free of charge, except if the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if repetitive. The operator may refuse to comply with the request or charge a reasonable administration fee of £10.00. A Subject Access Request will be fulfilled upon receipt of proof of identity and completed within one month of receipt.
Please email us at www.metropark.co.uk (ensure you provide proof of identification when emailing) if
- you object to your personal details being processed, or
- you believe we hold the incorrect details for you and would like us to rectify the data we hold, or
- you would like us to delete the data we hold for you, or
- you would like to restrict how we process your data, or
- if you entered into a contract with us and would like a copy of the data we hold about you in a format which can easily be transferred to another provider.
- Please note that you have the right to request the above, however, when we receive your requests we may object to your request if we do not agree with it.
If you do make the request we will tell you if the request has been granted or not. If you feel that your data has been processed unfairly or unlawfully, you may complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) at www.ico.org.uk. For further information on your rights as a data subject, please refer to the ICO (website as above) and the text of the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, to our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.